Membership begins when you open a basic Savings Account.
Membership and the basic Savings Account are both completely free as long
as you maintain a minimum balance of $25.
Who Can Join Qside? 4 Ways To Be Eligible
1. Certain Areas of the Queens Community:
- People who live, work, worship or study at institutions located within these borders
- Businesses and other legal entities located within these borders
2. Family Members:
- Family of current Qside members are also eligible to join. This includes: husband or wife, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, grandchildren and their spouses too.
- Consolidated Edison, Inc., and its wholly owned subsidiaries: Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc., Consolidated Edison Solutions, Inc., Consolidated Edison Communications, Inc., Consolidated Edison Development, Inc., or Consolidated Edison Energy, Inc., who work in Bronx, Kings, New York, Queens, Richmond and Westchester Counties, New York
- Long Island Water Corporation who work in Lynbrook, New York
- New York Power Authority who work at the Indian Point Nuclear Power Plant #3 or the Charles Poletti Power Plant #6 in Buchnan or Astoria, New York
- Big Six Towers Housing Corporation, Inc. (tenant-stockholders are also eligible)
- Clean Harbors Environmental Services,Inc., who work in or are paid from Brooklyn, New York.
- Cummins Allison Corporation
- Queensboro Toyota
- Deepdale Gardens Community Council, Inc. in Little Neck, NY (tenant/members are also eligible)
- If your employer is not listed here but you would like your employer to provide Qside membership eligibility, simply let us know here, or click here for more information.
Other individuals who are eligible for membership include spouses of persons who have died while within Qside FCU's field of membership, Qside employees, people retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment, members of their immediate families and organizations of such persons.
Qside memberships last as long as you choose – even if you change jobs, relocate or retire. And once you join, your family members are also eligible to join.